- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits Council meeting minutes
- Assists Council and Mayor
The Clerk serves as the link between Council and citizens.
The office of Clerk for the Town of Portage provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Council. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the Town of Portage Clerk.