To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Fire Department

Burn Permit

Information regarding burn permits can be found here.

Please remember that you must get a permit to burn Monday through Friday and there is no burning on Sundays. Burn barrels for the disposal of trash are not allowed anytime.

If you have any questions, send us a message and we will be happy to assist you!



Spraying For Mosquitoes

If you have an area that is heavy in mosquitoes and you would like them sprayed, you can reach the Box Elder Mosquito Abatement District at 435-723-3700. More information about the Mosquito Abatement District can be found here.

Soda Machine

All proceeds from the soda machine, at the town hall, go directly to the Portage Town Fire Department. If there are ever any issues with the machine or if you would like to request a different flavor please contact Cyndi Tree at 435-279-0232.

If you ever see someone trying to put anything other than coins in the change slot please make sure to let Cyndi know as soon as possible to ensure the machine stays functioning properly. The issues with the machine eating money should be permanently corrected. However, if the machine does steal your dollar please contact Cyndi as soon as possible so that the problem may be quickly addressed. 

Also there is a new flavor in the mystery slot!! As soon as they have it in stock we may be getting a second new flavor as well, so keep an eye out for that!